The Annual Shari’ah Conference, edition No. 16, is to be held in on Sunday and Monday 8 and 9 April 2018, at Diplomat Hotel, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain, under the auspices of the Central Bank of Bahrain. The event features the participation of a distinguished group of speakers, consisting of 30 experts from around 15 countries. The opening ceremony will take place at 9:00 a.m. Sunday 8 April 2018.
The conference will involve two-panel sessions as well as the presentation of a number of research papers across seven sessions in two days, as follows:
1. Session 1- Panel Session: Main obstacles and challenges facing the Islamic finance industry
2. Session 2: Ratio legis in Ribawi items (now and then)
3. Session 3: Performance incentives (concept, characterization and rules)
4. Session 4- Panel session: Central Shari’ah Board (role and responsibilities)
5. Session 5: Tier-1 sukuk under Basel
6. Session 6: Mudharaba-Murabaha (Tawarruq) hybrid Sukuk
7. Session 7: Shari’ah Governance for Sukuk issuance
AAOIFI’s annual Shari’ah conference is a key global event across for the global Islamic finance industry that tackles Shari’ah issues and topics in the area of Islamic finance, both in theory and practice and is much-anticipated by the industry’s leaders, experts, and professionals. This year’s edition will be attended by a high-profile elite of participants including dignitaries and ministers, senior officials, honorable Shari’ah scholars, representatives of the World Bank and international organizations, central banks and regulatory and supervisory authorities, as well as a host of Islamic financial institutions’ personnel and senior managers, and representatives of accounting and auditing firms, legal firms, universities and higher education institutions, and the media, from around the world.