In order to ensure representation of all sectors within the Islamic finance industry, and to diversify backgrounds and experiences of board members, the composition of the new AGEB comprises:
- At least 5 members representing Islamic financial institutions (commercial banks, investment banks, insurance, financing companies, etc.).
- Up to 5 members representing accounting and auditing firms, and professionals in the field of governance, risk management, compliance (GRC).
- Up to 3 members representing central banks, regulatory authorities, and international or multilateral organisations (such as the World Bank, IMF, IFSB, etc.).
- At least 1 member who is a Shari’ah scholar (and does not serve at the same time on AAOIFI Shari’ah Board).
- At least 1 member representing academicians (universities and educational institutions).